Director’s Advisory 2
We hope you are well and safe enough to go back to School. But in the interest of maintaining a healthy school environment and keeping our community safe from the 2019-nCoV ARD, Saint Jude Catholic School is adopting the following health measures to be strictly observed inside the campus:
- Faculty, staff and students who are not feeling well or currently exhibiting flu-like symptoms including, but not limited to, fever, cough, colds, sore throat, conjunctivitis or general body weakness are advised to STAY AT HOME. Please notify your respective class advisers or direct supervisor if you need to be excused from class or work. You are further advised to seek the help of a physician to check your condition.
- Faculty, staff and students who traveled or whose parents or guardians or any member of their household who traveled to countries with confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV ARD during the break are advised to voluntarily quarantine themselves for 14 days starting from the day of their last arrival in the Philippines.
- Students or employees with a history of travel from 23 January 2020 or who had flu-like symptoms during the break are advised to present to the School Clinic a medical certificate or clearance from a certified physician.
- All who will enter the school campus will be subject to thermal scanning at the gates. Bus riders will likewise be subjected to body temperature check prior to boarding the school bus. Those will register a body temperature of 37.8 degrees or higher or show other flu-like symptoms will be sent directly to the School Clinic for verification and will be sent home.
- The “No Face Mask, No Entry” policy is in effect. The wearing of face masks is highly encouraged while inside the classroom and other enclosed areas. Special yellow trash bins will be provided around the campus for proper disposal of soiled face mask.
- Entry to the campus shall be controlled. Parents and guardians are advised to refrain from entering the school as they will not be allowed to accompany the students to their classrooms.
- While all the classrooms and offices are provided with 70% isopropyl alcohol solution, we encourage everyone to bring their own hand sanitizers, personal tissues, extra face masks, personal water bottles, utensils for meals and personal hygiene kits.
The school is implementing other extra measures to ensure the safety and health of all our students and staff. We will continue to monitor the situation and will act accordingly.
Thank you for your kind understanding.