ECD Teacher (Substitute)
Property Management Clerk
At least 3rd year BSBA student
This position is project-based.
Saint Jude Catholic School – Ongking Learning Resource Center is looking for a service-oriented librarian who will help faculty and students identify and implement library resources in the conduct of meaningful research projects and incorporate library resources into the learning management system in a way that enhances the student learning experience.
One who is
· passionate about empowering students to master information literacy and research methods so that they can succeed in the 21st century workplace.
· excited about exploring ways to innovate beyond the typical school library.
· a lifelong learner who keeps up with the latest trends in library & information science and strives to be an expert in the field.
· proactive about developing his/her skills in order to improve the quality of library and research services in the Center.
· a leader and advocate for information literacy competency across all programs in the School.
1. Order materials (may include course materials for faculty), add items to catalog, serve as initial point of contact for library, including all research and information requests.
2. Work with academic heads to effectively evaluate and select online journals.
Recommend and manage school-wide access to online library subscriptions and/or databases.
3. Incorporate digital library resources into the School website.
4. Develop and assess opportunities for student learning of information literacy within their program of study.
5. Partner with faculty to formulate research projects in their courses that will require library resources.
6. Assist students and faculty with conducting research and publishing their work.
7. Lead workshops and instructional sessions on research methods, library research, citing sources, plagiarism, copyright, etc.
8. Collaborate on and/or lead relevant student activities.
9. Stay current with developments in information science, research methods, digital literacy, etc., especially pertaining to the subject areas of engineering, computer science, technology, and business.
10 Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Library & Information Science
2. Passed the Licensure Examination for Librarians
3. Proven leadership and teamwork skills
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Demonstrated customer service skills
6. Excellent computer skills using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,
as well as knowledge of EOS.Web or other cloud-based integrated library system
7. Must be comfortable working in a busy, customer-facing environment with multiple interruptions.
Office of the Human Resource
2/F Administrative Office, Administrative Building,
Saint Jude Catholic School
327 Ycaza St., San Miguel, Manila
Mon-Tue-Wed-Fri-Sat 7:15 am – 4:15 pm
Thursdays 8:00 am – 11:00 am